The Supervisor, Patient Case Manager assists with managing the day to day operations of the Patient Case Management Department, works collaboratively with Patient Case Management leadership and the Patient Case Management Physician Advisor to carry out department goals. Maintains clinical competency and serves as clinical resource to staff of the Patient Case Management Department and to the physician and nursing leadership of WakeMed. The Supervisor, Patient Case Manager collaborates with physicians, nursing, members of the interdisciplinary team, PFS, Patient Access and other departments, to ensure that services are being provided in a timely/quality manner and act as a resource when resolving barriers.
- Three years of clinical experience in a medical setting in Patient Case Management/Discharge Planning required
- One or more years of supervisory experience preferred in medical setting in Patient Case Management/Discharge Planning preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) required. Master’s degree in Nursing preferred
- RN: Current NC nursing license required or MSW: LCSW, LPC, LCAS and/or certification in case management
- Hours of Work: 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Weekend requirements: As Needed
- Call requirements: Yes
WakeMed is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, which is ranked nationally as one of the top ten best places to live for quality of life, and is located just two hours from the beach or three from the mountains. The area has been named one of the fastest growing areas in the country and is located just minutes from the famous Research Triangle Park.
For more information and to apply, please visit us online at jobs.wakemed.org and reference job ID: 21822 or 21967. EOE
Posted on: October 21, 2016