LCAS in Spruce Pine, NC
RHA Behavioral Health Services is seeking a Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist for its Spruce Pine office in Western North Carolina.
RHA Behavioral Health Services impacts the lives of over 12,000 people across North Carolina and has been helping people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives since 2005. We are a leading provider of high-quality supports and services for people with all kinds of behavioral health needs. RHA is recognized by the NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as a statewide Critical Access Behavioral Health Agency (CABHA). This means we offer a comprehensive range of behavioral health services to meet the treatment needs of the people we serve.
By meeting all of the behavioral health needs of our consumers, we can greatly reduce or eliminate the fragmentation of services that leaves some individuals without total, holistic, truly person-centered care.
Using the Recovery Model as the foundation of all of our programs, we are experiences in providing treatment and support to people with mental health and substance abuse needs. RHA specializes in helping individuals who have a dual diagnosis: many of the people we serve have both mental health and substance abuse needs or have a developmental disability.
We believe that every person is unique and, therefore, every path to recovery and healing is unique.
Mission and Values
Mission – “With passion and integrity, RHA Behavioral Health creates opportunities for people and communities through innovation and leadership”.
Vision – “Setting the PACE for Excellence in Supporting People”
Values – PACE – Passion, Accountability, Communication, Ethics
As an LCAS with RHA, your responsibilities will vary based on the groups you work with and the programs through which you provide services. In all activities, you will coordinate closely with the interdisciplinary team to best help service users, including behavioral health specialists, registered nurses, quality assurance specialists, paraprofessionals and the Clinical Director.
• Conducting Clinical Assessments
• Provide therapeutic support for clients attending our SAIOP (Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient) program
• Running individual, family and group outpatient therapy sessions
• Conducting inpatient group therapy sessions
• Orienting new service users to RHA
• Developing person-centered plans for service users
• Oversee the discharge planning process
• Facilitating relationships between RHA, service user families/legal guardians and various social service community resources, such as food stamp and housing assistance, healthcare, job training and placement and substance abuse support groups
Our ideal LCAS is an excellent communicator and listener with strong therapeutic skills who works well as part of an interdisciplinary team and runs open and productive therapy sessions. You must also excel at behavioral interviewing techniques to uncover service user needs and be able to anticipate these needs.
• Graduate Degree in Social Work or related field
• Valid licensure to provide mental/behavioral healthcare in the state of North Carolina
• Minimum 2 years experience working with individuals with mental and/or behavioral health issues that includes writing person-centered plans, conducting effective group therapy and providing mental health diagnoses.
• General working knowledge of the human services delivery system in North Carolina
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation
• Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
• Ability to life between 20 and 50 pounds and meet the physical requirements of performing CPR and therapeutic holds
• Employee supervisory experience preferred
• Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) preferred
The greatest benefit of a career at RHA is the difference you make in the lives of our service users. Our holistic person-centered approach and focus on quality assurance, respected across North Carolina and throughout the Human Services industry supports our reputation for innovative programs and positive outcomes.
RHA Behavioral Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work-life balance and protection from the unexpected.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full time employees includes:
• Competitive compensation plan
• Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and prescription insurance
• 403(b) retirement program
• Paid Time Off – up to 26 days of PTO for full time employees!
• Life and AD&D insurance
• Extensive wellness reimbursement benefit
• Discounted premiums for participation in wellness initiative
• Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
• Many more benefit choices!
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 per year
Relocation expenses offered
Office Location: 129 Skyview Circle, Spruce Pine, North Carolina 28777
Please send cover letter/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Posted on: August 31, 2015