Master’s Level Clinical Counselor
TROSA is a comprehensive, long-term residential recovery program for men and women with substance use disorders, located in Durham, North Carolina. The position of Clinical Counselor is designed to provide individual and group counseling services to individuals with a substance use disorder.
Facilitate individual and group counseling for adults with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders; provide counseling, consulting and other duties with a team of professionals in a large therapeutic community setting; document and maintain records of all scheduled interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate individual and group counseling
- Work collaboratively with TROSA treatment members to coordinate services and create comprehensive treatment plans for clients
- Attend client staffing meetings and communicate client information in a timely manner to select members of the treatment team
- Document all services as required by TROSA and in accordance with the North Carolina Division of Mental Health, Substance Abuse Services, and Developmental Disabilities
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings and case discussion meetings
- Adhere to professional ethics and standards of conduct
- Adhere to the mission, philosophy, policies and procedures of TROSA
- Attend necessary trainings for licensure and continuing education
- Attend facility functions
- Provide other services as assigned
Credentials, Certifications or Experience:
- First Aid/CPR
- HIV/Bloodborne Pathogens
- Restrictive Interventions/Alterative Training
- Ethics Training
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
- Licensed Professional Counselor.
- Candidates must have prior substance abuse counseling experience.
- Certification as an Addictions Counselor or Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist is preferred.
Full Time; Monday 8AM-5PM and Friday 8AM-5PM, Tues – Thurs is 1PM -10PM
Excellent Benefits include; vacation, paid sick leave, holidays, medical and dental insurance, 403(b)w/match, life insurance.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume and salary history to [email protected]
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Posted on: February 11, 2020