IOP (Intensive Out Patient) COUNSELOR I
POSITION: IOP (Intensive Out Patient) COUNSELOR I
STATUS: Full Time
1Pm to 10Pm
Wilmington Treatment Center is seeking a certified substance abuse counselor to join the Wilmington, NC team. This position affords the opportunity to make an impact on not only our patients but also our community. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the work they do, has clinical expertise and focuses on exceeding the expectations of those we serve. Wilmington Treatment Center opened its doors 35 years ago. We have grown to be able to offer a full continuum of care including Detox, Rehabilitation, PHP and IOP. If you are interested in being part of an ever growing hospital, we are interested in hearing from you.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in counseling or related field.
- Experience in substance abuse setting, including individual, group, and family interventions
- CSAC, CCAS, or CCDC certification.
- Ability to obtain and interpret information relating to chemical dependency. Knowledge of the natural history of chemical dependency. Understanding of the biological and sociocultural dimensions influencing chemical dependency. General understanding of the range of treatment required by the chemical dependent patient. Knowledge and appropriate utilization of available treatment resources.
- Ability to work with male/female, adult (18-over) substance abuse/dually diagnosed/opiate dependent population. Must be able to work with culturally diverse populations.
Essential Job Functions and Job Duties:
- Conducts psychosocial and diagnostic interviews with assigned patients
- Provides individual, group, and family therapy for assigned patients
- Appropriately documents clinical information into the EMR
- Documents all aftercare service provided
- Partners with referents to provide progress updates, develop treatment plans as well as create aftercare plans
Comprehensive package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life & AD&D (company paid), PTO, Paid Holidays, Company contributed 401K, employee discount program, onsite fitness center.
Posted on: May 12, 2019