REQUIREMENTS & GENERAL INFORMATION
While use of the online Training Approval Request Form is the quickest and easiest way to have a course approved, the board is aware that firewall updates at several businesses/agencies have made it impossible for some people to submit their requests through the website. If you submit a request and do not receive an acknowledgment indicating that your request has been successfully submitted, and/or do not receive an emailed invoice within 3-5 business days, we likely did not receive your request. You may email Donna Strickland ([email protected]) to request an alternative method for submitting your request in these cases. Before making a request for an alternative method, please make sure that you are submitting your request directly from the current Training Approval Request Form on the website (the link is at the bottom of this page) and are not using an old link or old form.
- Live, interactive webinars are considered in-person training courses.
- Awarded Hours: In-person training courses longer than two (2) hours must include an agenda that is broken down by time and include breaks. There must be a 15-minute break scheduled for every two (2) hours of training/class time. If breaks are not included and noted in the agenda/breakout of hours, there will be 15 minutes subtracted for every two (2) hours of training/class time. Credit is only given for actual training/class time; no time is awarded for breaks, meals, or registration.
- Contact Information: The name, phone number and email address of the person listed on the approval request as the contact person is the same information that will be listed as the contact for people who want to register for the class if the training is posted on the Board’s website.
- Presenters: If a presenter is NOT (a) credentialed with the Board or (b) listed in the drop-down menu in the presenter section of the approval request form, you need to submit a resume/bio/CV. If they ARE (a) credentialed with the Board or (b) listed in the drop-down menu in the presenter section of the approval request form, you do not need to submit a resume/bio/CV as we already have theirs on file. Always check the drop-down menu, as well as the presenter’s credentials, before uploading a resume/bio/CV. The credentials awarded by the Board are CADC (formerly CSAC), LCAS, LCAS-A, CCS, CSI, CCJP and CPS (formerly CSAPC).
- Post-approval Changes: You are required to submit all required documents/information with the Training Approval Request Form. The Board reserves the right to assess additional processing fees for changes made to a course following Board-approval
- Approval Timeline: Training approval requests must be submitted before the training has occurred. Submissions received after the event has taken place will not be reviewed. Typical turn-around time for an approval is 2-3 weeks after payment has been received.
- Certificates: Training certificates must be given to attendees upon completion of the course. The certificate needs to include the title, date, approval code, approved hours, presenter’s name (unless it is a multi-faculty presentation), sponsoring organization information, and have a signature on it. Slides, such as in PowerPoint and Publisher, that the attendees create themselves are not acceptable. We cannot accept an editable document as proof of attendance.
- Approval Authority: The Board does not have the statutory authority to approve providers or presenters, only to approve individual courses as meeting the Board requirements for educational credit for applicants. Presenter(s) resumes are reviewed to verify that the presenter has a background in the topic(s) they are presenting, however the presenter is not “Board approved”. While there are best practices for record retention and legally binding aspects that any responsible training provider should take and abide by (for example, not sharing credit card information used for payment by a participant), the Board does not dictate what protocols providers/sponsors must follow. The training providers are not regulated by the Board, only the trainings are regulated and only insomuch as they are intended for use for educational credit.
- Fees: Training approval codes are valid for one year from the date of issuance. Fees are based upon the total number of hours for the course.
- 1-10 hours – $25
- 10-20 hours – $50
- 20-30 hours – $75
- 30-40 hours – $100
- 40 hours and up – $125
Training Approval Request Form (Use this form for ALL approval requests including in-person, interactive webinars, and traditional online courses.)