Applicants for Deemed Status must hold the addiction credential associated with one of the professional organizations below*.
- NAADAC Master Addiction Counselor (MAC)
- National Association of Social Workers’ Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Proficiency (NASW ATOD)
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC MAC)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRCC MAC)
- Addiction Nursing Certification Board (ANCB Master’s Level CARN or CARN-AP)
- American Psychological Association (APA )
*Applicants for Deemed Status must hold a qualifying Master’s Degree in a Human Services field with a clinical internship in addition to holding a deemed status credential.